8/12/2008

Nobody puts Babbi in a corner


And rightly so. 'Cuz this Baby rocks too.


Ok, so I just wanted to use that line because who doesn't have Dirty Dancing in their DVD collection, right? And even if you don't, you're admittedly in the closet about liking the film. Just like we all secretly love Doug Dorsey and Kate Moseley iceskate their way into love in The Cutting Edge (man, I love that film...), we cheer for Johnny and Baby too, having the time of their lives in the summer of '63 somewhere in the Catskill Mountains. Unfortunately however,  this Babbi rhymes more with Pappi than with Baby, and sounds more like a mobster name than a Jewish girl in a pink summer dress. But oh well. 


BABBI is the famous sweets brand established in Italy some 56 years ago, specializing in chocolate, wafers and gelato. Their first shop in Japan opened in 2002 and now has 12 locations throughout the country. I go to the Roppongi Hills shop because it's most convenient for me... and is great for those occasional slow days where I don't have to be back in the office until 1:30pm and I feel that I've worked hard enough the day before that I feel I deserve an after-lunch dessert. 


I absolutely love BABBI gelato. I think I've tried about 20 of the 30 flavors available. My favorites being menta stracciatella (mint choco chip), fichi (fig), latte fragola (strawberry milk), nocciola (hazelnut), and kid's (marble chocolate). BABBI gelato is definitely high-end compared to Baskin Robbins' 31 flavors, Haagen Dazs or even Coldstone Creamery, so be prepared to fork out a little more money for these Italian babies. But I guarantee you that they won't disappoint! (Photo source: BABBI.jp)



BABBI Roppongi Hills

Minato-ku, Roppongi 6-9-1, Roppongi Hills Keyakizaka Dori 1F

Open 11:00-21:00 Daily

Tel: 03.5775.0070

http://www.babbi.jp/